CHIROPRACTIC AT TALL TREE
Chiropractors are extensively educated in the prevention, assessment, diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal and neurological conditions.
BENEFITS OF CHIROPRACTIC CARE:
- Improved mobility in your neck, shoulders, back and torso
- Increased quality of life and wellness
- Better posture
- Relief from headaches, neck and back pain
- Prevention of work-related muscle and joint injuries
- Enhanced athletic performance
- Improved flexibility
- Relief of pregnancy-related backache
- Correction of gait and foot problems
Specific training in spinal manipulative therapy (SMT) allows chiropractors to provide adjustments using highly-skilled and precise movements to the vertebrae of the spine, correcting joint motion to restore proper movement and improve function.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
INITIAL VISIT: 45 MIN
SUBSEQUENT VISITS: 30 MIN
- Detailed history of your chief complaint and background information to understand who you are, your nutritional habits, expectations, and goals of what you would like to do.
- Focused physical examination to evaluate your current problem(s).
- Management plan indicating the duration, types of treatments that will be used, and the risks associated with each modality of treatment.
- Open discussion: ask questions! Voice any concerns, confirm ideas.
Treatment includes techniques such as joint manipulation, mobilization, soft tissue therapy, exercise, education, and rehabilitation. Our chiropractor is also trained to provide nutritional counselling, as well as recommend injury prevention strategies.
FROM OUR CLINICIAN:
To give you our complete and undivided attention when you are in our care.
To give you an honest opinion on whether we can help you and in what capacity.
To refer you to a health provider who may better suit your needs if the diagnosis is out of our scope of practice.
FROM OUR PATIENTS:
To be open to our recommendations and understand that our goal of treatment is to improve your current complaint as fast as possible.
To understand that our work together is a partnership to get you better. This means that we will both need to work collaboratively to obtain optimal results.
Chiropractic expertise in the musculoskeletal (MSK) system comes not only from seven years of intensive post-secondary education and practical hours, but also from a growing body of rigorous research. Chiropractic research provides the evidence upon which the chiropractic profession bases best practices and patient-centred treatment – what is known in all health professions as “evidence-based” treatment.
Chiropractors adopt evidence-informed practice principles to guide clinical decision making by integrating their clinical expertise, patient’s preferences and values, and the best available scientific evidence. They will recommend a course of treatment to help relieve pain and improve function without surgery or pharmaceuticals.