WHAT IS OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY?
Occupational Therapy (OT) helps people who are experiencing difficulty in day-to-day activities due to injury, illness, or disability. Occupational therapists at Tall Tree follow a patient-centred practice to help you return to everyday activity and the demands of your daily life.
The scope of occupational therapy is wide, and OTs treat the whole person physically, mentally, and emotionally; supporting you in your journey to live life to the fullest. We provide a wide variety of services for any age, see below and contact us to learn more.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
In clinic sessions are typically 60 minutes in length, but do sometimes vary.
INITIAL VISIT: 60 MIN
SUBSEQUENT VISIT: 60 MIN
Our OT evaluations will explore physical, cognitive, psychological, and/or social factors that contribute to problems in your life. Together, we will develop goals to address your current limitations.
We help you:
- Improve cognitive and perceptual abilities
- Reduce and better manage stress
- Improve sleep and fatigue
- Treat anxiety, PTSD and depression
- Live well with a chronic health condition
- Treat concussion and brain injury
- Improve and better manage chronic pain
- Return to work and school
- Make your home safe and accessible
- Learn more about your health or health condition - for example: injury prevention, ergonomics, body mechanics, work simplification, joint protection, energy conservation, relaxation, and pain management.
OTHER OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY SERVICES:
- Concussion Program
- Ergonomic and workplace assessment
- Job demands assessments
- Wheelchair assessment and prescription
- Adaptive equipment assessment and prescription
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program
- Return to work services and return to work planning
- Case management
- Health coaching
- Educational workshops (eg. for chronic pain, concussion)